Effects of SafeWood® select
- Dramatically reduces flame spread and heat release;
- Low smoke generation;
- Substantially extends the period before “flashover” occurs;
- Provides enhanced biological durability to the treated timber;
40 years track record
There is a track record with the used technology of over 40 years with proven stability and safety in Western Europe and the United States. It is fully tested in accordance with the most up to date European Standards (Euroclasses) un the Construction Products Directive and classified in accordance with EN 1350-1. Euroclass C/B fire performance can be achieved for a wide range of timber and plywood spicies. It is listed in the UK WPA Fire Retardant Manual as a leach resistant industrial treatment for exterior timbers.
Full design flexibility with timber
Advantages of SafeWood® select
- Maintenance free for exterior applications;
- Available for a wide range of timber and plywood species;
- No loss of strength in the modulus of rupture or elasticity;
- Compliance with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001;
- Tested in accordance with EN 1350-1 and European Standards (Euroclass C/B);
SafeWood® select has been successfully applied in a variety of projects such as Amsterdam Bijlmer Arena Trainstation, Meander Hospital Amersfoort and Fiep Westendorp Primary School Amsterdam.